Frequently Asked Questions
Do you have Before and After School programs? How do I enroll my student in after-school enrichment activities?
Yes. We offer a variety of before and after school programs. For example, Seattle Music Partners: 4th and 5th grade students partnered with community members who play an instrument.
The rest of the activities will vary each quarter, and is now managed by the Garfield Community Center.
Here’s a step-by-step of where to go to register for after school enrichment classes
- Click the “Register for Programs” icon (the green button with the bike icon on it)
- In the menu on the left, click Childcare & Out-of-School Time
- In the location drop down menu in the top right, select Leschi Elementary
- Click the blue “Show Courses” button in the middle of the screen
- Click add next to the class you are interested in (it shows next to each class what the availability is)
To see current offerings and register online, go to Seattle Parks Registration Page, and make sure you are in the ‘Programs’ tab. Expand the Advanced Search dialogue in the left-hand menu, then type ‘Leschi’ in the Keyword(s) box. Even if you register online, you still need to bring your registration form and E-13 form in person to Garfield Community Center.
How does enrollment work for SPS?
- Open Enrollment is the month of March. Please visit the Seattle Public Schools webpage for a complete description and links to required forms .
Is the enrollment process different for Bilingual students?
- No. Bilingual students follow the same process. Most forms are provided in several languages.
I know Leschi has had a Spectrum program. Is this still the case?
- Leschi Elementary is now an Advanced Learning Opportunities school where students who are designated as highly capable (either Spectrum or APP) are able to stay here at Leschi and hold their designation until entering middle school.
How are students in the Inclusion program placed?
- Children entering Leschi’s Inclusion program are placed by the Individualized Education Plan Team (which consists of special education teachers, principal, specialists, school psychologist and parents/guardians).
What time does school start and end?
What kind of school rules/discipline do you use at Leschi?
- Our philosophy at Leschi is one of Positive Discipline. As adults, we believe in modeling positive behavior, instilling a sense of personal responsibility and encouraging and reinforcing good choices.
- We host Friday afternoon Assemblies at the end of each week for the whole school in order to teach citizenship, responsibility and foster a sense of community. We honor one student from each class every week to recognize student achievements.
- We have a Code of Conduct at Leschi that highlights three rules:
- Be Safe
- Be Responsible
- Be Respectful
Do you have Health and Fitness/Physical Education at Leschi? How often?
- Yes, students have Health and Fitness 2 times per week one semester and 3 times per week the other semester.
Do you have an Art program at Leschi? A music program?
- Yes, Students have Visual Art class at Leschi 2 times per week one semester and 3 times per week the other semester.
- We also have a strong instrumental music program for 4th and 5th graders.
Other questions? Feel free to call the main office at 206-252-2950.
Additional information can be found at Seattle Public Schools